Manage Scholarships.com and all companies within its Group (“Manage Scholarships Group” or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Manage scholarships.com of 307 Keziah Street, Oak Island, NC 28465
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, and which may be amended from time to time (“our sites“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. The cookies we use can be grouped into four separate categories:
- Strictly necessary
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies allow you to navigate the website and use essential features like secure areas and online registration. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Since these cookies are essential in our being able to guarantee the performance of our website, should you disable them we won’t be able to ensure your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
An examples of a strictly necessary cookie that we use is: Kreatio_session
This type of cookie collects information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, gauge what interests our users and assess the effectiveness of advertising.
An example of a performance cookie is: Kreatio_session
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on our websites, so you don’t have to re-set them each time you visit. Some of them are managed by third parties. They may for instance determine whether you see the latest or oldest comments made in relation to an article first.
An example is: __utmz
These cookies are used to analyse what advertising might be most relevant to a user of the website based on the areas of the website that the user visits.
An example is: DWD
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we (or they) may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you are an event attendee, your job title and organisation will be included on a delegate list, which will be available to all attendees at the event. Your information will be shared with event sponsors/partners if a) you attend a session given by a sponsor /partner and/or b) your badge is scanned by a sponsor. This will enable them to follow up with presentations or relevant information on products or services which they believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, email info@Managescholarships.com & Dynamic Website Development if you do not wish for your details to be made available to carefully chosen companies.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to any person, company, or other inity without your permission
- Except in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Manage Scholarships or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our
View our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Managescholarships, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info@Managescholarships.com or & Dynamic Website Development.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.